01) Most of the commonly available personal computers/laptops have a keyboard popularly known as QWERTY
02) Editing a document consists of reading through the document you‘ve created then—correcting your errors
03) Virtual Box is not a famous operating system
04) Junk e-mail is also called spam
05) DOC is the default file extension for all word documents
06) .bas, .doc and .htm are examples of extensions
07) Codes consisting of bars or lines of varying widths or lengths that are computer readable are known as a bar code
08) Convenience, speed of delivery, generally and reliability are all considered as the advantages of email
09) E-commerce allows companies to conduct business over the internet
10) The most important or powerful computer in a typical network is network server
11) Executing is the process of carrying out commands
12) The rectangular area of the screen that displays a program, data, and or information is a window.
13) The process of a computer receiving information from a server on the internet is known as downloading.
14) Disk drive is the part of the computer helps to store information
15) Arithmetic operations include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
16) A keyboard is the king of input device
17) An error is known as bug
18) A collection of related information sorted and dealt with as a unit is a file
19) Sending an e-mail is similar to writing a letter
20) IT stands for information technology
21) A menu contains commands that can be selected
22) Plotter, printer, monitor are the group consists of output devices
23) Edit menu is selected to cut, copy and paste
24) The most important or powerful computer in a typical network is network server
25) The primary purpose of software is to turn data into information
26) The ability to find an individual item in a file immediately direct access is used.
27) To make a notebook act as a desktop model, the notebook can be connected to a docking station which is connected to a monitor and other devices
28) You can use the tab key to move a cursor across the screen, indent a paragraph.
29) A collection of related files is called record.
30) Storage that retains its data after the power is turned off is referred to as non-volatile storage.
31) Internet is an example of connectivity. 32) Testing is the process of finding errors in software code.
33) A syntax contains specific rules and words that express the logical steps of an algorithm.
34) Changing an existing document is called the editing documentation
35) Virtual memory is memory on the hard disk that the CPU uses as an extended RAM.
36) Computers use the binary number system to store data and perform calculations.
37) The windows key will launch the start buttons.
38) To move to the beginning of a line of text, press the home key.
39) When sending an e-mail, the subject lines describe the contents of the message.
40) Tables, paragraphs and indexes work with when formatting text in word.
41) TB is the largest unit of storage.
42) The operating system tells the computer how to use its components.
43) When cutting and pasting, the item cut is temporarily stored in clipboard.
44) The blinking symbol on the computer screen is called the cursor.
45) Magnetic tape is not practical for applications where data must be quickly recalled because tape is a sequential because tape is a sequential access medium.
46) Rows and columns are used to organize data in a spread sheet.
47) When you are working on documentation on PC, the document temporarily stored in flash memory.
48) One megabyte equals approximately 1 million bytes.
49) Information travels between components on the motherboard through buses.
50) RAM refers to the memory in your computer.
51) Computer connected to a LAN can share information and or share peripheral equipment
52) Microsoft office is an application suite
53) Utilities can handle most system functions that aren‘t handled directly by the operating system
54) If you receive an e-mail from someone you don‘t know then you should delete it without opening it
55) A set of instructions telling the computer what to do is called program
56) LAN refers to a small single site network
57) A collection of programs that controls how your computer system runs and processes information is called operating system.
58) Device drivers are small, special-purpose programs
59) Transformation of input into output is performed by the CPU
60) Data going into the computer is called input.
61) Binary choice offer only two options
62) To indent the first paragraph of your report, you should use tab key
63) Fields are distinct item that don‘t have much meaning to you in a given context
64) A website address is a unique name that identifies a specific web site on the web
65) Modem is an example of a telecommunications device
66) A set of computer programs used for a certain function such as word processing is the best definition of a software package
67) You can start Microsoft word by using start button
68) A blinking symbol on the screen that shows where the next character will appear is a cursor
69) Highlight and delete is used to remove a paragraph from a report you had written
70) Data and time are available on the desktop at taskbar
71) A directory within a directory is called sub directory
72) Testing is the process of finding errors in software code
73) In Excel, charts are created using chart wizard option
74) Microcomputer hardware consists of three basic categories of physical equipment system unit, input/output, memory
75) Windows is not a common feature of software applications
76) A tool bar contains buttons and menus that provide quick access to commonly used commands
77) For creating a document, you use new command at file menu
78) Input device is equipment used to capture information and commands
79) A programming language contains specific rules and words that express the logical steps of an algorithm
80) One advantage of dial-up internet access is it utilizes existing telephone security
81) Protecting data by copying it from the original source is backup
82) Network components are connected to the same cable in the star topology
83) Two or more computers connected to each other for sharing information form a network
84) A computer checks the database of user name and passwords for a match before granting access
85) Computers that are portable and convenient for users who travel are known as laptops
86) Spam is the term for unsolicited e-mail
87) Utility software type of program controls the various computer parts and allows the user to interact with the computer
88) Each cell in a Microsoft office excel document is referred to by its cell address, which is the cell‘s row and column labels
89) Eight digit binary number is called a byte
90) Office LANs that are spread geographically apart on a large scale can be connected using a corporate WAN
91) Storage is the process of copying software programs from secondary storage media to the hard disk
92) The code for a web page is written using Hyper Text Markup Language
93) Small application programs that run on a Web page and may ensure a form is completed properly or provide animation are known as flash
94) In a relational database, table is a data structure that organizes the information about a single topic into rows and columns
95) The first computers were programmed using assembly language
96) When the pointer is positioned on a hyperlink it is shaped like a hand
97) Booting process checks to ensure the components of the computer are operating and connected properly
98) Checking the existing files saved on the disk the user determine what programs are available on a computer
99) Special effect used to introduce slides in a presentation are called animation
100) Computers send and receive data in the form of digital signals